The classic Fox Theatre Walsenburg (FTW) is available to rent, and is the perfect venue for a wide variety of events, from corporate meetings, parties, and fundraisers to intimate family gatherings (even weddings!) – or rent the marquee for announcements of all kinds (both business and personal).
We expect presenters, organizers, fans, patrons, vendors, our employees and all who work with us to provide access to events to everyone and do not allow programming or events that discriminate or advocate for discrimination on the basis of race, religion, creed, ethnicity, national origin (including ancestry), citizenship status, physical or mental disability, age, marital status, family relationship, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, predisposing genetic characteristics, domestic violence victim status or any other protected category under applicable local, state or federal law.
What is the process to rent the theatre?
- Complete the Rental Request Form.
- Arrange for a tour of the facility and a first meeting to determine a general plan for your event.
- Schedule a follow-up meeting to finalize the details for your event.
- Provide proof of appropriate liability insurance. (No insurance? Let’s chat.)
When is the theatre available to rent?
- The theatre is available during the day and in the evenings. Weekend availability is limited.
- The theatre usually requires at least 6-8 weeks’ notice to be able to accommodate rental requests, and availability is dependent on the theatre’s movie schedule.
- The rental of the FTW is always subject to availability.
How much does it cost to rent the theatre?
- There are many variables, and rental cost vary, depending on:
- The day and time of your event.
- The length of your event and other event details.
- FTW staffing necessary for your event.
- A movie’s license fee, for movie screenings that are open to the public.
Can I have my event catered?
- Yes, Renters may make arrangements for outside caterers for their event. We maintain a list of local caterers.
Can I serve alcohol at my event?
- If you rent the theatre for a private party, you may serve alcohol. You must provide the Fox Theatre Walsenburg with proof of appropriate liability insurance coverage.
- If you charge admission for a public event during which you will be serving alcohol, you must secure a SEP permit, as well as provide the FTW with proof of appropriate liability insurance coverage.
What activities are not allowed at Fox Theatre Walsenburg?
- The FTW facilities or resources may not be used by or on behalf of an outside organization or outside individual whose purpose is political, to lobby for an issue or further the cause of a candidate or political party.
- The FTW reserves the right to restrict or refuse any event deemed inappropriate for our space. Rental of the Theatre does not indicate an endorsement of the event or the event sponsor.